This year's Cátedra will be taking place online so housing and parking will not be necessary.
A limited number of guest rooms are available on-campus. Please contact Tulani Myers, director of housing and events, at email@example.com or 847.866.3939 for availability and rates.
There is free parking after 4:00 p.m. available in the Northwestern University parking lot located on the south side of Garrett-Evangelical. For Friday, participants have the option to pay for a Garrett-Evangelical Visitor's Lot parking pass ahead of time using the registration form. Parking passes are $8. For more information on parking, please contact the housing and events office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847.866.3939.
Directions and Maps
The links below will help you make your way to Garrett-Evangelical, and help you find your way around once you arrive.
The Garrett-Evangelical campus is comprised of five buildings toward the north and west side of Northwestern University's Evanston campus. In addition, the seminary owns three nearby apartment complexes.
- Main, its Gothic tower visible from much of NU's campus, houses much of the administration, most of the classrooms (all outfitted for computer-assisted learning), many faculty offices, the United Library, and the Chapel of the Unnamed Faithful.
- Shaffer is connected to the north end of the Main building and houses most of the faculty offices as well as the IT department.
- Loder Hall, east and slightly south of the main building, contains the cafeteria (Food for Thought), guest rooms, dorm rooms, some administrative offices, student lounges and kitchen, lockers for commuting students and is LEED certified.
- Pfeiffer is located directly to the east of Main and includes offices for faculty, development, and many of the Seminary's Centers.
- Stead Hall, which is connected to the south side of the Main building, houses the Stead Center for Ethics and Values, the Lucy Rider Meyer Conference Room, and offices for the library.
- Old Dorm, east of the main building, is additional housing for students.
- Howes Chapel is directly west of Main and is set adjacent to the beautiful Shakespeare Gardens and our own prayer garden.